Saturday, October 11, 2014

Striped Stained & Painted Wood Table and Deer Mount Plaque




Hi Sweet Readers,


I have been wanting to try this paint and stain technique inspired by www.Ninered.blogspot.com for quite sometime.  The inspired paint and stain technique worked out so beautifully on my wooden plaque that I recently finished a round table the same way.  The website and tutorial can be found HERE.  A few days ago I stained a wooden plaque to mount a set of deer antlers.   To read about how to strip and stain wood you can read up on it HERE.  I wanted to glam up the deer antlers and so I added Vintage Gold paint to give a subtle touch of glamour.

I started with the wooden plaque I stained

I added Frog Tape to cover the entire plaque (lazy girl's way to get out of measuring)

After applying all the tape, remove every other line of tape

I recycled the tape I removed and placed over the perimeter edges


I painted in the open areas with some white paint I had on hand


I used several coats to finish the project and applied a little bit of stain on top of the white paint to give it a weathered look

I also painted the tips of the antlers including the center skull using a Vintage Gold paint color  (I recycled the frog tape to do this as well) I like that it's not too glammed up, I think the natural look brings the perfect touch of nature into our home.

This will be hung in our living room as soon as I can get the hardware to hang it up.  I will be sure to follow up with pics!


I really liked how the table turned out. 

I hope I inspired you to do something similar!

Blessings,
Mary Elizabeth
XOXOXOX



Linking Up With:

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/
http://www.classyclutter.net









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy: Share your thoughts