Sunday, March 9, 2014

Turquoise Chunky Candleholders - SOLD

Greetings Cowboys & Cowgirls,

It's rodeo time here in Texas and like most of you I am so loving wearing my best pair of jeans, boots, and my turquoise jewelry!  I just love the colors and can't get enough of it.  I went through a time where I made my own necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.  I haven't stopped completely, I just hadn't had the time to make more.

Although, there are variations of the color turquoise, I like to paint using the bluer tones of turquoise.  It is so important to me to get the color right when I paint a piece of furniture.  A couple of days ago I went to the hardware store with my handmade necklace in hand, I wanted to be sure that it was a match before choosing a paint color.

Below is one of the pieces I often wear and is the piece I carried into the store.

Necklace Used To Color Match The PERFECT Turquoise Paint Color
It was a Perfect Match, and Love at First Sight
The Chunky Candle holders were Lovingly Painted By Me
The Circumference measures 15 inches around the widest part
The diameter measures 4 inches, the height measures 8 inches tall & 10 inches tall

The ornate portion of the candles were painted with a dark glaze.  I just love how they turned out!  The candle holders are made of plaster and poly resin.  Look for them under the "Shop" tab.

Blessings,

Mary Elizabeth

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy: Share your thoughts