Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Family Room Coffee Table Decor

I collect magazines from the local library such as House Beautiful and Southern Living, etc.  The library located near me has book sales from time to time and I will find treasures of books and magazines for 10 cents each!  So, when I am bored I will pick up a magazine and flip through the pages and mark everything I like or dreaming about.  Most the time I am dreaming of Pottery Barn calling me and surprising with a home makeover!  In the meantime, I will do the best I can.

I put together a few items on a white painted tray to lighten up our family room.  My coffee tables are dark wood and need to be brighten up. 

I placed three items inside the painted tray.

The boxwood plant I found at Marshall's for 16.95

I added a glass vase with a candle.  I think I bought this vase at Walmart.

And a girl bust statue.

These books I got from Marshall's are hollow inside and useful for saving remotes and other items.  I bought these on sale from Marshall's for about $5.  I added a couple of votive candles for ambiance.

I hand painted this tray and painted a french motif with a stencil.  This can be easily achieved with a can of spray paint.  The tray I bought from Pier 1, but you can find them just about anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy: Share your thoughts