Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Painted Pumpkins

Welcome to The Painted Table Boutique where you can Discover and Shop! 

PAINTED PUMPKINS  

Painting pumpkins from the traditional orange will add a touch of elegance to your home.  I decided to paint my pumpkins white. I purchased them from Walmart for .98 cents a piece.  I had a can of white primer on hand and used it to save a few dollars.  However, I would recommend using antique white or heirloom white.  I also picked up some jute to wrap the plastic stems and to give texture to the pumpkin.  I spent less than $20 for this project.
 
1. Place the plastic pumpkins on plastic and spray them with your choice of white spray can paint and you can wrap the stems with some tape or paper.
2. Spray one side and let dry, spray the other side, and repeat to desired finish. (Dries pretty fast)
3. Wrap jute around stems and you can use whatever glue you have on hand.
4. Place them anywhere you like.  Or in a Big Bowl!

I added them on top of some books...

Jute added to the stems

I added another onto my coffee table





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy: Share your thoughts