Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DIY Apothecary Jar

Hi there!

I couldn't wait to share this DIY project.  Especially because it didn't cost me anything as I had everything I needed on hand.  I am hoping you do too!  I was actually online a couple of days ago looking for a great way to fill an apothecary jar.  Yes, just one.  I felt kinda bad because I should have had a set of them by now!  Each time I went online for ideas they have a set of three or more in staggered heights.  And this brought me to the point where I just had to have another!

I ran into this blog site found here (Frugal Upstate) and loved how Jenn shopped at home to make her own apothecary jars!  Really Creative.

This is what you need.

1. Find an old jar. (Mayo Jar, Picante Sauce Jar (curvy), Pickle Jar) My jar was given to me years ago from a family member.  I remember receiving this gift and treasuring it with all my heart!  I thought the shape of the jar and the tri-colored pasta was just beautiful!  It followed me to at least four different moves & that's about how old it is. 



2. I washed the jar and wiped it clean.

Cleaned and Dried


3. I looked everywhere for a glass like candlestick like the ones you can get from a dollar store, I didn't have one.  But what I did have was found at a Goodwill and to be quite honest I don't know what it's called but it held my jewelry.  It was $3 and bought it about three months ago.



4. E6000 Glue.


Here's how I did it:

1. Place glue around the edge of the jar.

Glue Bottom of Jar



 2.  Set jar on top of candle stick or anything that might resemble one.

Allow Time For Drying


 3. Place anywhere you would like and add item inside that will compliment the season we are in.  I just placed the beautiful pasta back inside.  I am thinking of replacing soon with pecans or some type of nuts.

All Done! & Beautiful!


XOXOXO, Mary Elizabeth





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy: Share your thoughts